UGLY GIRL IN AN INDIAN SOCIETY


    Hello! This is Nitya! I am 23yrs old girl who is not just ugly, but also have specs.I am always being unnecessarily remembered that I am a GIRL with a DARK skin not only by my classmates but also by my relatives and family.
   Right from my birth, they have declared that they will need to work extra hard in terms of sweat and money (dowry) to find a boy for me to get married. When I was 16 yrs old, my parents were constantly remembered by my relatives and neighbours to start finding a boy for me as it will take atleast 3 years for any single boy to get convinced to marry me after having a look at my ugly face. They were specifically precautioned to not be demanding in front of the boy's family when you have a girl who is ugly.
   My cousin sisters are as pretty as snow-whites but have a heart which is as ugly as a witch.
Everytime when the whole family is about to meet either in a festival or weddings, I am being pressurised to put extra makeup so that I look atleast less ugly and deserve to atleast stand behind those beautiful bi**hes. But I  know that how much ever I try, those moms of beautiful snow-whites gonna say "beta, thoda or fairness cream laga leti, ya phir koi parlour he chali jaati treatment ke liye, kyuki tum meri bhi beti ho isliye bus chahti hu ki tum bhi kabhi kabhi sundar lago meri beti jaise " ( child! You should have applied more of the fairness cream or must have gone for any treatment, because even you are my daughter and I want even you to look beautiful like my daughter )
    Now comes the rejection phase. The very first time when I was rejected was by my parents at my birth because I was a girl with a dark skin, then relatives. Later by my new classmates in 1st grade and hence was left with only one male friend named Anuj, a cancer patient. Luckily I got good teachers in my school. Anuj became the only person in my life to which I was an open book. But then he left me when I was in 7th grade. He died. I was again isolated and depressed. Then books and novels were my only friend till 11th, when found another friend named Tarun who was diagnosed with Vitiligo. People used to tease us and hate us inspite we did not give them any reason to hate and always spread love. We both were rejected by our crushes everytimes earlier in life. We were even rejected in an auditions for curricular activities and interviews for jobs due to we being ugly. In the start it was very difficult for us to find a job.
    I was not close to anybody in my life except Tarun. He used to understand me better and was the only person from whom I heard that " You are beautiful". My parents wanted to get rid of me as soon as possible because they used to feel that the love life of my younger siblings would be affected because of my ugliness. They once tried to make me get married to a 37 years old alcoholic and drug addicted man when I was just 18 years old. I escaped from the marriage with the help of Tarun and was staying in the hostel and completing my studies.
   I was very happy for the first time knowing the fact that my family don't love me enough that they did not even bother to find me. Because if they would have found me than I wouldn't have been able to complete my M.Tech. And now I am working at Google and Tarun at Microsoft. We both are married and have a 8 months old beautiful daughter.
  And yeah ! Not forgetting to mention that inspite of earning 80,000 every month, I have not taken any treatment to lighten my complexion. Because if Tarun can love me the way I am, so why not I

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DEATH IS UNEXPECTED 2020

Hindi Poem - AZAAD HOKAR BHI KAID HU MAY....